While I managed to get the innards more or less made to fit within the bottle, the electric tape kept adding enough thickness that it was getting really hard to pull it out without the whole thing falling apart. Even though I already intended to switch out the bulb, I decided to rebuild the rest of the battery and bulb circuit from the cap up paying attention to thickness and robustness.
Now for the making of the flashlight. I needed to find a few elements, but the ITP shop has a lot of hidden gems.
Our first fabrication assignment is to design and build a flashlight. This seems to be a “make it hard as you want” kind of project, so I’ll do what I can to try not to blow this out of proportion.